Monday, October 10, 2011

Wish me luck...

Oh dear. I've started a new project...
I saw this pattern while flipping through a fabric shop on etsy, and just really liked it. The pleated neckline is what sold me I think. I'm having a real pleat obsession lately. Anyway, I attempted to make a few me-sized clothing pieces about 2 years ago and became completely discouraged when they didn't turn out anywhere close to wearable in public. In my defense, the patterns I chose were probably Simplicity/Butterick/Vogue somethings from Joann's or Hobby Lobby, and the little cover illustrations looked like something I might like (in theory), but weren't intended for my body type. I'm kind of short and curvy, which is the exact opposite of the typical tall skinny model type that clothing is displayed on. Makes it really difficult to envision what things might look like on real people... However, the Vintage Flutter Dress pattern offers sizes 2 through 18, so I feel like I'll be able to make it work for me :) I'm not big on giant prints for my clothes, so I've chosen a yummy grape shot cotton, which is interwoven royal purple and blue: 
I love how the fabric almost has an iridescent quality :) So far I've got the bodice almost assembled and I think there's hope! I'm dying to go work on it some more as soon as everybody's in bed asleep... Pics to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What a cute dress! I can't wait to see how this turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! There might be hope for me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabric! I think it's going to turn out great! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pattern. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete