Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Its WIP Wednesday :)

Happy Wednesday everybody! I love linking up with Freshly Pieced, and seeing everyone's awesome projects :) 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
This week, I've been showing some UFOs who's boss. I finished piecing the top for my spiderweb quilt from the KC Scrappy Bee:

I turned an Origins layer cake into this awesome quilt top for my mom:


I made lots of progress on my Kaleidoscope quilt from Don't Call Me Betsy's quilt along. I know I'm way behind on it, but better late than never! I'll be able to finish the top soon thanks to EmmmyLizzzy who is hooking me up with the last bit of Kona Ash I need! 


I also *finally* cut into the stack of Heirloom that I got from Pink Castle Fabrics:


I turned that stack into this:


I've never made a "bricks" quilt before. The design is obviously very simple, but I love how the large rectangles show off the different prints so well!


Ah, fabric love :) Its so rewarding seeing what were once ideas in our minds, bring brought to life in these beautiful works of art! 



Wishing you all a creative week! 

14 comments:

  1. I love the fabric on your bricks quilt. It's gonna look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - where to start with all this fabric deliciousness!? The spiderweb is great and I've wanted to do one for awhile now. I am drooling over that kaleidoscope! Amazing color choices, so soft and fresh without being too sweet, just perfect. And the Heirloom? That fabric is to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful projects all at the same time. I love the colors you chose in your spiderweb quilt, and I'm a fan of your habitat and brick quilt as well. They really are all very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many gorgeous fabrics! Love all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects! I love the colors in your kaleidoscope quilt, and that Origins one is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!!! Look at you go! :) You are definitely showing those WiPs who's the boss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some simply beautiful projects going right now. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have been busy. I like it all, but perhaps the spider web is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a spiderweb quilt in progress too. I have 20 blocks, but I want a queen sized quilt. It does occur to me that I could call it quilts and have a nice lap sized quilt, but I love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so beautiful! You obviously have great taste in fabrics and design, because you put the two together wonderfully. The spiderweb is great, I've been wanting to make one. The Heirloom is so lovely and I love the quilt for your Mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love all your projects. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - these are absolutely gorgeous! Someday, I will learn. I must!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You definitely showed those UFO's a thing or two. I love all the quilt tops! So much color...

    ReplyDelete