Saturday, September 24, 2011

Its been TOO long!

My hubs and I did something that we haven't done in at LEAST three years (probably longer). We went on a date!! I genuinely could not tell you anything about the last time this happened. I've been a little stressed since I had Evyn, and have mentioned to a few friends/family members how much I would like to be able to spend time alone with my husband. Just the two of us, without any kids. To be able to have a real conversation about something (anything) besides the kids, or the house, work or bills. Honestly, I think we forgot how to be just us. 

So the other night, my family took my older two girls, and a friend took care of Evyn, and we went out! We went to play miniature golf. I felt a little silly at first, but it really wasn't about what activity we chose. It was just important for us to be spending time together, enjoying each others company. Afterward we went to Sonic, sat outside with some ice cream, and talked. It was so refreshing to realize we still have things to talk about. We made sure to take photographic evidence of our adventure:

The good news is: We still like each other!! :) I'm so glad we were able to spend that time together, and I look forward to our newly arranged, monthy date night!

5 comments:

  1. They are so important with little kids. I have breakfast dates with my DH on a regular basis too. They are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Great pics! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so smart to get out and spend some time with just the two of you! I hope you do it more often. The best thing you can do for your kids is to love and honour each other.

    ReplyDelete